Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"oreintation"

Options
  • 06-09-2006 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

hi, i got my letter from DIT the other day telling me to head down to the college for "registration" and "orientation".

My question to you is, what is "orientation"? Is that like showing me round the building..where the jax is etc.?

Secondly how do the lectures work in DIT? do you have one long day, one short or all long. What time roughly do you guys get off each day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

As far as i remember, and it may vary from faculty to faculty, and even course to course, orientation is doing a load of ice breaker games to get to know your class mates, and then getting a lecture or two about the course, whats expected of you, and if there are any famous people who did the course, im sure they will get a mention too.

I cant remember being shown around the college, but then if that had been scheduled, i would not have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Some courses will show you around the place. For example the School of Architecture courses are all located in there own studios and rooms so, the lectures will show you what is "your" room/seat,
    but for courses such that use lectures room that are divided between say ten other courses they mightn't go into such detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Steveo1983

From my experencence the dit lecture schedule is all over the shop, generally over the four years i was there i had one short day every week. The others days would then have say 4-5 lectures but with some days having 3-4 hours breaks between sets of lectures. This is only my experience from kevin St so i cant say its the same for the rest of the campus's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it's a full rectal examination and you all know it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

it's a full rectal examination and you all know it

Okay, I'm going to Cork IT then!!!!11 :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Steveo1983 wrote:
    From my experencence the dit lecture schedule is all over the shop, generally over the four years i was there i had one short day every week. The others days would then have say 4-5 lectures but with some days having 3-4 hours breaks between sets of lectures. This is only my experience from kevin St so i cant say its the same for the rest of the campus's.

It used to be like that when I was in first year, its much better now!!!! Only maybe and hour or two at most. As for the days it was only in first year I had a short day if i remember correctly, From then on it was 5 long days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

what do you mean "long" days?

as in 9-5?

im going to augnier st. by the way :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I think I only had one "long" day last year... I was in at 9 most mornings but 3 or so times I was finished around lunch time. Nay too bad.

This year is a bit mental for me judging by last years timetable, One of the days was 10am - 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you're doing computer science, the legend himself (AKA Art Sloan) draws you a map of the college with the quickest route to Java city.

i took a couple of looks at that map when it was handed out and i was like how is this a map of the college but i just had a look at it there while i tidied out my room and it's amazing how much sense it makes.

i must get this map framed it could be worth something in the future. :D

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    if you're doing computer science, the legend himself (AKA Art Sloan) draws you a map of the college with the quickest route to Java city.

i took a couple of looks at that map when it was handed out and i was like how is this a map of the college but i just had a look at it there while i tidied out my room and it's amazing how much sense it makes.

i must get this map framed it could be worth something in the future. :D

Art Sloan The hero, Chap is some kind of robot from the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Do they still do human dynamics??

Advertisement