Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American students: A question about Visas

Options
  • 06-09-2006 5:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, I'm an American student starting a postgrad programme on the 25th and do not yet have my student Visa. Do you need one as an American student at UCD?

American students, have any of you had trouble with this if you didn't hae your student Visa in time?

I read the UCD page on Visas and noticed the section where it is explained that certain countries--including the US--do not need a visa to enter the country, but what about for going to school?

I appreciate any details you can give me reguarding student visas for Americans in Ireland, like how strict the rules are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

This should answer your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tab126

I've had no trouble. If I had told the immigration agent I was staying for a year instead of leaving for x-mas, I would have been better. All she did was look at my enty card (marked as 'student'), my passport, and an acceptance letter from the university. She took my picture & registered me on the spot. About 5 minutes total. I've had more trouble getting back in the US through american customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭postgrad

Thanks both!

Advertisement