Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City Centre Development - New Application

• 06-09-2006 8:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Artists Imrpreesion and Details can be fond here

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/publish/article_10007176.shtml

Looks very interesting... Hopefully they can get planning permission this time around. I see sense has prevailed in that the car parking will be underground aka City Square.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I notice that they didn't consult with one particular (self-) important (one-man) lobby group locally. :rolleyes:

I kinda like the idea of the viewing platform myself. Either way though, as long as it's of sufficient quality (unlike the horrible New Street car park), let's hope it's brought rapidly to fruition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

they have met with McCan't and from what he had to say on WLRfm don't expect miracles in that he will not veto it...

Put it this way... I and many many thousands inhabitants of this City and Region wouldn't be crying if he had a so called accident:D

I was reading this weeks News & Star and in the past few weeks he has lodged 6 objections to various projetcs around the City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

They have a model picture on the front of the Munster this week and I have to say it looks really good, definitely something Waterford needs in sustaining itself and developing into a modern city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mickyc

I found more images of the development on the architects website. http://www.cjfa.ie Must say it looks fantastic, just what the city needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Please God, as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

I must say the new plan is much better than the last one. I just dread the thoughts of you know who objecting.

God grant me the grace to prevent me from accidently swerving across the road the next time I'm driving when I see you know who on his push bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Argh, surely to God when the college term starts up again he'll have less time on his hands for objecting....maybe just 2 or 3 objections a week. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

looks class I may just take up religion again and pray that somehow that wanker doesent object or that his objection gets "lost". heres the tetxt from the site:

"Waterford City Centre Mixed Use Development

C.J. Falconer & Associates are currently working with KRM Construction Partnership on a €280m Waterford city centre mixed use development that will create 1,300 jobs on completion and over 600 jobs during the construction phase. The development, earmarked for a 5.1 acre site bordering Michael Street, New Street, Stephen Street and Brown's Lane will feature 60 shops including three anchor units; a 150 bedroom hotel with a substantial conference centre and leisure facilities; arts/cultural facilities and underground parking for over 500 vehicles. Also included is a rooftop viewing area that will offer unrivalled 360-degree panoramas of Waterford's Historic city Centre."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I would say as an outsider this is exactly the kind of major redevelopment project the city centre of Waterford needs. It is quite dull and dreary (last time I was there a year or two ago) and needs new development badly, especially the side streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

That lookks fantastic but McCann is on record as saying he still has reservations without even seeing the new plans so that does'nt look promising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

I would like to try and start an e-mail campaign to Brendan MacCann. Boards.ie members express a lot of dissatisfaction with MacCann so why not tell him directly. If a lot of people made there views known to him, expressing there frustrations about his actions and there support for the new shopping centre in Michael St, it may help to persuade him not to appeal this crucial development to An Bord Pleanála. (This is probably wishful thinking). At the very least it will let him know that there is a large group of people that strongly disagree with his actions and feel he is doing damage to Waterford City. Please try and be polite, I know it won’t be easy but your points will be taken more seriously.

Brendan McCann’s e-mail is bmaccana@eircom.net

Advertisement