Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 delayed in Europe - March launch now planned

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I have to laugh at all the "its only an upgrade to the xbox" comments. Isn't that the whole point? Isn't that also not exactly what the ps3 is as well?

Honestly what were some people expecting from the 360 and ps3. Holodecks ala star trek me thinks!!

If you want to be blown away and enjoy a new level of gaming forget about the 360 and ps3 and buy a wii. If you want exactly what you have alread only better graphcis and sound get a 360 or ps3. Almost all cross platforms will look exactly the same as the games companies couldn't be arsed making two versions for different platforms its much more cost effective to make one came and port it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

gonna pre order my wii next week :D Guess I wont have to bother with the ps3 this xmas.... Will get one eventually. But atm, my ds lite is getting the most use anyway, so really looking forward to t3h wii.

Anybody have a link to possible wii launch titles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

gonna pre order my wii next week :D Guess I wont have to bother with the ps3 this xmas.... Will get one eventually. But atm, my ds lite is getting the most use anyway, so really looking forward to t3h wii.

Anybody have a link to possible wii launch titles?
    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/13/the-confirmed-wii-launch-lineup/
    but it still hasnt been comfirmed so it may not make it to europe before chrstmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

DBK wrote:
    Was it not originally planned for a March release and they brought it forward for a global release?

March this year was the supposed, imaginary launch of the console which was never a real possability.

Then November worldwide and now November wordlwide except Europe until March next year.
    I dont know if its professional to tell the Eurozone their euros are not wanted.

Whatever spin they put on it, its a kick in the face to Eurozone consumers, who have in the main been loylal customers for years.

Have been loyal customers for years is the problem. They are taking Europe for granted assuming people will just buy it when it released here. Pretty much the same reason why your better to change insurance companies every few years. Loyal customers always get treated like ****.

Advertisement