Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire broadband. AVOID AVOID AVOID

• 06-09-2006 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Rubbish signal, dialup is quicker even in areas they say are covered. over 3 months ago i signed up with the assurance my location was covered. i got the modem, and found almost no signal. after a week of " are there lights on the modem, is it plugged in, is it turned on" from tech support they said they would cancel the contract, and refund me for the modem. that was 3 months ago. they deny ever recieving the modem from me, refuse to refund me, and as far as i can see my contract is still open. when you ring up the helpline you get through to a call centre in teh UK who say they will arrange a callback, which never comes ( happened 5 times). avoid like the plague. useless. this is just posted in hope others wont get swindled.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

Sorry to here about the bad experience you have had with them there has been allot of bad stories around with people in Dublin particularly
    Did your modem ever acquire a signal strong enough to make a decent connection? You need to have at least 2 out of 5 lights on the modem. And even that is not good enough for 2Mbits or more.
    Even if you’re within the coverage area it is impossible to say if it will work for everyone, it's all to do with how you receive that signal from the base station. This does not meant you have to have clear line of sight but be at least 3km with in range.

P.S why have you posted this on the Athenry Forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

fguihen
    where are you living ?
    We may be able to get you a signal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Clearwire are the absolute worst! Unfortunately as i am renting and there is no phone line they are my only option. Their customer service centre is just non existant. When you ring up you get through to someone who can't understand what you are saying. They never answer your questions, i had similiar problems with connection in the beginning and despite numerous complaints I never received an apology or remuneration for the trouble it caused.

I never receive bills from them by emails despite having called them up numerous times so its always a surprise when my account is suddenly debited 50 euro. If you have any other option then avoid them like the plague. They are just disgustingly bad.

Advertisement