Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Bosses Laptop isn't working!

• 06-09-2006 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

My boss is coming in late today so I come in and get to work and turn on his machine to get the orders, at first it looks like it comes on, leds flash and I can hear it, but nothing on the screen so I restart it and turn it back on a few times, then I realise that it is on and so is the screen but it's really really dark, I can just about see the desktop and the icons but only barely and with my nose to the screen.

I shut the machine down last night and it was working fine, no problems. It's a Hewlett Packard Compaq nx6110. Any advice or clues to whats going on would be awesome.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

backlight could be gone.
    is it plugged in or on battery?

try holding the "fn" key and pressing + at the same time to turn the backlight on.

if that doesnt work check in the bios for power saving options.

best plan would be "i dindt touch it, i swear" tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 idiotproof

It just randomly started working after about the 10th restart, bit odd. Wasn't the brightness, power saving or the lid close buttons. Scared the crap out of me. Any idea what it was?

could be a loose connection in the hinge.
    if its under warranty try and get it repaired.

if not, theres not much you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 idiotproof

cool, i'll sniff that out today, only problem is we can't really work with it away for a week(s) so gues we'll just have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the quick replies.

not to be too blunt,
    but you really should have some sort of backup in palce if you cant work without it.
    what happens if the laptop dies? does the company shut down?

you can pick up a cheap desktop for a few hundred euro which will mean your company wont be without a machine when the laptop almost ineveitably breaks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement