Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is "thread of the day" picked?

Options
  • 06-09-2006 9:40am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wanted to nominate this.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Thread of the day is picked automatically and is randomly selected from those threads started in the previous 24 hours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I don't get why you think that's thread of the day Boss?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Ok thanks.

Beruthiel - "I went to the gym and I'm sore" made me laugh. Perhaps it is just my warped sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Thread of the day is picked automatically and is randomly selected from those threads started in the previous 24 hours.
    Don't lie to him, we all know it's picked by the boards bot using an advanced algorithim. It bases its choice on caluclation of the number of spelling mistakes, lol's, quotage, smilies and the total post count of the threads contributors.

/shoots tba with stun gun before he lets anymore away...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I was wondering if you actually miss-posted in that thread, I tought this one was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

/writhes on floor in agony.

/knocks over magic lamp.

I tought this one was much better.

That's cos it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Probably works on new threads created within 24 hrs, which has had lots of views coupled with a generous amount of posts.

Create a thread entitled "Beruthiel naked". I bet that will become thread of the day pretty soon. :D

/waits for [strike]slap[/strike] punch.

Advertisement