Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance: One owner: many cars

Options
  • 06-09-2006 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I read somewhere in tha last few weeks of a broker who is offering a policy whereby I can have more than one car insured in my name.

The normal rule is that u can only insure one car in your own name.[sorry was wrong here: there is no law against it, it is an individual insurer policy issue. The point seems to be that u wont get a NCB on the second car to start with]

Also u cant insure a car u dont own

I wonder if anyone knows who this is please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I wouldn't mind finding out about this too. I have another car I would like to be able to drive without having to move my insurance all of the time as the other car isn't insured.
    Yea can't be name insured on two cars? Never heard of that, it would be just two policies which would cost a fortune in my case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its called a personal policy as far as I remember!!
    I will try find info and post back details.
    Its with st pauls, any broker should be able to get a quote from them, think its just called personal cover.i have 7 cars on the policy covered fully comp and its costing me 1600 euro a year.o yea it doesnt matter what car or power it is, your fully comp once the car is in your name

See above quote!!

Any contact details for St.Pauls?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cheers, gona see what they quote me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭setanta5

I've done some research into this lately. A lot of insurance companies will let you include a second car on your policy, but the second car must start with a 0 no claims discount. Some companies will give you a lead in bonus if you've had your car insured with them for a while before hand.

I was in touch with Europlan, who i asked about this personal insurance policy from St.Pauls. They said that they had never heard of it in relation to motor insurance and the only thing they could think of was to take up a traders policy, but they were unsure what would constitute a "trader".

One way to insure a second car if you don't want lack of No claims to be a problem, would be to go with XS direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

jonny24ie wrote:

do they deal direct or only through brokers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭setanta5

ircoha wrote:

Only deal with Brokers. I found Europlan to be a big help. Look them on the web

ircoha wrote:

I think both!! RIng them and see!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

setanta5 wrote:
    Only deal with Brokers. I found Europlan to be a big help. Look them on the web

Thanks

FYI: http://www.europlaninsurances.ie/inside.asp?id=2

• Advertisement
Advertisement