Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house alarm

Options
  • 06-09-2006 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

My house alarm is reading 'low battery'. I thought it was fed by the mains. Can anyone give me any pointers in fixing this? It still sets normally and seems to be working fine. Its an Aritech alarm. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

most/all house alarms have a 6v battery backup in case of a power outage.
    Battery often wears out and needs to be replaced after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Is the installer's phone number on the control panel? It's worth having the alarm checked out every few years, though with callout changes it can seem expensive.
    I have a number of an Aritech guy in Cabra if you need it.

I had 2 false alarms over a few month period. The guy traced it to a faulty sensor. Now I highly confident that my alarm will not have false alarms and disturb my neighbours.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

jayo99 wrote:
    most/all house alarms have a 6v battery backup in case of a power outage.
    Battery often wears out and needs to be replaced after a few years.

No! They are all 12 volt DC batterys

Advertisement