Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake Calipers Refurbished

Options
  • 06-09-2006 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi Guys,

Does anyone kmow where I can get calpiers refurbished.I have the seal and boot kit just but need someone to dissassemble and regrease the calipers.
    Is there a company in Leinster area that does this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Unless you are looking for something special, any mechanic will be able to do this for you. Its an easy enough DIY job provided you are a bit handy - reconnect the caliper to the brake line, pump the brake pedal to force the piston out of the caliper, remove the seals, clean everything and put it all back together again, fit pads, bleed, done. There isn't a whole lot of refurbishing you can really do other than that - make sure the piston isn't pitted with rust and wire brush the caliper to clean it before reassembly.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Most of those "Quick Fit" type places will also do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 losh

Thanks for the quick responses.I have callipers off car and am fitting to a different car to upgrade. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

I use www.brakesint.co.uk
    I have found their customer service to be exceptionally good. I really was impressed with how brilliant they were.

You buy calipers from them off their website and they will arrange for collection of your own when you are ready and give you a rebate when they receive them. They also answer their emails and are contactable by phone!

These are actually reconditioned calipers, but they are as new:
    budweg_zs180_rear_caliper02.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement