Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiscali are Terrible!

• 06-09-2006 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Seriously, im so fookin mad right now, this company should be done for false advertising or something. We've been with them for around a month now, 2 weeks in we get a letter stating that we are downloading to much between the hours of 6-11. They reckon if we dont they will switch us to a line with high usage users.
    This is BS as im the only one in theh house that downloads and its maybe 5-10 songs a day. Since last week i havent been downloading anything, all we do is browse. Now from yesterday my net has gone to complete ****e, im running at 56k speeds. I did a tracert and my network whiz mate said it does look like they have switched my line.
    How can they do this? Im paying money for a service that im not getting, i cant do jack on the net anymore, and i cant play CS either :mad: . We payed for an unlimeted service, and they are now limiting us, surely this is false advertising?

Rant over, im so bloody mad!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But Tiscali do not operate south of the border thank God ! :D

Complain to Ofcom the telecoms regulator in the UK about it. Unlike the disgusting rank mangy poodle of a regulator we have down here Ofcom is very competent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Sponge Bob wrote:
    But Tiscali do not operate south of the border thank God ! :D

Complain to Ofcom the telecoms regulator in the UK about it. Unlike the disgusting rank mangy poodle of a regulator we have down here Ofcom is very competent.

Cheers, wasnt really sure who we would complain to. Its such a joke, i called them last nite, was on for 10 mins and eventually gave up. Tried again, wait 13mins and give up. Call again this morning and im on hold 15 bloody minutes!!! Then i get put on to some chap who doesnt seem to have bleeding clue as to what im on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

My friend has them over in london. Its like dial-up all day and becomes broadband in the middle of the night . If you google them, you wont read a single good thing about them in uk forums. I doubt anyone signs a new contract with them when there first one is up.

Advertisement