Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish/Grass Removal

Options
  • 06-09-2006 12:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I recently moved into to a house in Clane. The garden had been badly maintained by the previous owners so I had to cut down a lot of the bushes and grass to make it habitable. As a result of this I have around 20 black refuse sacks full of bushes and grass in the garden that I need to get rid of.

How can I do this?? I can't burn it as I live in an estate and have neigbours at both sides of me so I need to have it collected. There isn't enough stuff to justify the rental of a skip and I don't have a trailer and can only fit two bags into the boot of the car so I can't really drive anywhere with it?

Anyone have any advice or details on where/who I can do with this? Notrh Kildare/West Dublin area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

You could hire a mulcher and mulch up the branches and use it around the base of the remaining trees / hedges and/or on your flower beds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Smiley101

I cleared out my garden in Lucan recently with a similar problem to yours. I just let down all the seats, filled my car and brought the lot to garden waste recycling centre in Esker, Lucan. See the South Dublin County Council website for details. You may have to make a few trips and a lot of hoovering to do afterwards though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I have just come across this site, it was a link on the sdcc.ie website.

They offer a pickup service for €60.

http://www.greenwastedepot.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

check with ur local Builders Providers- there is a new system out there using big disposable bags, like what sand and gravel get delivered in, The bag is 15 euro from the BP and I think 80 to collect- I cant find the name right now, the bags are green.

will edit post if i find it

[It works best if u put the MIL in the bottom and then fill it up:) ]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Yea, I was in Atlantic Homecare yesterday. These bags are called Baby Skip. They cost €18.50 and €98 to collect. They are 1.8 cubic metres in size. Unfortunately they do not collect in Kildare at the moment.

Also, I made a mistake above. The pickup service offered is actually the price for dumping with a pickup truck!!

Back to square one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use the green waste recycling centre in Esker as mentioned by a previous poster. Its only €5.00 for a car.

Details here > http://environment.southdublin.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=180&Itemid=189

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

There is a few rubbish disposal(or man/van) services in the local (Clane/Celbridge/leixlip/Maynooth etc) Church Handout.
    Its called 'open door' and is stocked in most shops in the area.
    I think its free.
    There is a small ads page where various services are advertised.
    Should do the trick.:)

Advertisement