Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doors and Frames -Northern Ireland

Options
  • 06-09-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

I have heard that to buy doors and frames etc is much cheaper up the north, however, im having trouble googling without a name. Has anyone ever gone up? Anyone any names for me please??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Brooks Thomas have yards in Downpatrick Co Down and Cookstown Co Tyrone. Try www.yell.co.uk (UK Golden pages)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Somebody mentioned these guys before.

http://www.frcathcartltd.com/home.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

Try www.doorstore.co.uk . drove up to their shop in belfast last saturday. The selection they have on display is huge and prices were pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Cheiftan

They will be cheaper in the North all right and if you can get someone to "lend" you a vat nr you can buy without paying vat as you are bringing them back down mexico way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Newry Building Supplies drop stuff all over Dublin and north-east, as far south as Wicklow every morning. They have a few trucks that service just the south and that's where they are geared towards. There is no Vat as it's export from north of course and the prices are also cheaper so significant savings can be had, particularly bulk buying of skirt, arcitreve, flooring, etc. They have reps that visit Dublin everyday so you can look at the stuff and will also have skirt, etc turned to meet your needs if you are buying enough of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conleth

I got all my doors in Haldane Fisher in Newry and they delivered to Dublin. Couldn't beat the price.

Advertisement