Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need longer Washing Machine inlet hose

Options
  • 06-09-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,
    Need to do some rearranging and move washing machine a couple of metres further away. Want to take the quick and simple approach of replacing the current 1.5m washing machine water inlet hoses with 3.5m ones, but standard longest length I have come across is 2.5m (Dixons, Woodies etc). Anyone any ideas on where I can get longer hoses locally. (even a joiner to join two existing hoses would do)... Don't fancy having to do extra pipework..

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The pipework isn't as bad as it looks, you can do it quite easily with plastic pipe.

I would go down to the local plumbing supplies place (*not* Woodies or B+Q or similar) and ask them what the best option would be. They may have a longer hose, or they may have a joiner you can use (I had one of these once, they do exist). Alternatively, they might make you up a joiner or show you how to do so (with two washing machine valves and a short length of piping).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

You could just use a piece of flexi qualplex from a roll and make it as long as you want. You could probably even tranfer the existing fittings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

B+Q do longer hoses.

Advertisement