Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Shopping&Dress Shopping In London?!

• 06-09-2006 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hey
    I'm off to London for a few days with my Mum at the end of the month. Anyone got any tips on good places to shop? I'm not exactly on a titght budget (have been saving!), but I'm not in a position where I can afford to be spending hundreds on a jumper, if you catch my drift. I've got my Debs on Oct 26th so I'm going to be trying to track down a dress while I'm there too. I'm willing to spend a few hundred on this if it's a dress I'm really taken by, as I plan on wearing it in the future. Anyway, I'm not looking for a standard corset and skirt number. I love the clothes Ashley Olsen wears (mostly Marc Jacobs, Alberta Ferretti, Zac Posen and Oscar de la Renta). Any advice on how to steal her style for my Debs, without going designer and leaving myself bankrupt?? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Please! Anyone? Some of you MUST have been to London!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Hiya

Anytime I've gone to London I've just gone shopping around Oxford Street which is mostly all the High Street stores we have here. Maybe try Selfridges on Oxford Street - they have a lot of concessions (including Oasis & Warehouse, Karen Millen etc.) but also some cheaper designer ranges that we wouldn't have here (can't think of any of the top of my head at the mo) Anyway, you have a lot of stuff all under one roof.

Definitely go to Topshop on Oxford Circus - don't know if you'd get a debs dress there (although you might - they have 'boutique' and vintage stuff on the ground floor) but its a great place to while away a couple of hours - there's a whole floor of accessories!!

It might be worth asking your question on the Handbag Fashion forum http://www.forums.handbag.com/ as there's quite a few girls on that who live in London.

Have a great time anyhoo

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Thanks a mill for your help and I'l try that forum!

Advertisement