Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danish speaker?

Options
  • 06-09-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone here speak danish ?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 comphreak

yeh.... 100% pure danish here... Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tillykke oven på jeres bryllup dag Held og lykke hen til begge to i jer

What does that mean ?

I going to a wedding in Aarhus this weekend and missus wants to write card in Danish :)

kdjac

I'm from Aarhus.. was just home visiting family and friends, came back yesterday :( There is a festival on so the whole city is full of beer tents with live bands. Last day is this Sunday.. http://www.aarhusfestuge.dk/aarhusfestuge/festuge2006.nsf/links/English

Okay well for the card write something like this
    "Tillykke med bryllupsdagen. Vi ønsker jer alt held fremover.
    Kærlig hilsen ..."

Translated : Congratulations on your wedding day. We wish you all the best in the future. Kind regards ...

Enjoy the festivities :D

comphreak wrote:

Oh we will :D

thanks

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

comphreak wrote:
    I'm from Aarhus.. was just home visiting family and friends, came back yesterday :( There is a festival on so the whole city is full of beer tents with live bands. Last day is this Sunday.. http://www.aarhusfestuge.dk/aarhusfestuge/festuge2006.nsf/links/English

Okay well for the card write something like this
    "Tillykke med bryllupsdagen. Vi ønsker jer alt held fremover.
    Kærlig hilsen ..."

Translated : Congratulations on your wedding day. We wish you all the best in the future. Kind regards ...

You're Danish? And you live.... HERE??? Why?
    The beer...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Okay the beer is nice back home but...... I hate paying 60% taxes and not being able to afford a car seeing as they are 2-3x more expensive than here..
    Have to say that the Tuborg ya get in shops here are cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

comphreak wrote:
    Okay the beer is nice back home but...... I hate paying 60% taxes and not being able to afford a car seeing as they are 2-3x more expensive than here..
    Have to say that the Tuborg ya get in shops here are cheap :D

We do have better transport... there is that.... But I'd rather give 60% to the Danish govt. than 20% to Bertie,,,,:D :D:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Crazy assed place tbh , the words Traditional Danish wedding will forever terrify me.

Great fun cept for the words i cant repeat with the plays and singing and the fact the old crazy danish people were sober for it all.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

KdjaCL wrote:
    the words Traditional Danish wedding will forever terrify me.

LOL!!! :D Sounds familiar. Just like a traditional Finnish Wedding!! :(

SOBER!!!!!:eek:

Weddings I've been to people drink themselves senseless.. then in the early hours of the morning we have a "Pølsevogn" http://natmad.homepage.dk/vogn.JPG Best food ever when drunk... nice Danish hotdog with everything.
    But yeh the singing part is very traditional... people would have songs made about the couple (usually funny ones) We also have a pianoman playing during food and then a band afterwards... Food and drink is FREE :D:D (usually provided by the wedding couple or their parents) and held in a function room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement