Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

gohan wrote:

ahh.. I am so very very confused... [0o]

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

A thread about Bleach, how novel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd rather keep watching fansubs tbh
    I'll definitely check out an episode of the dubbed version though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

gohan wrote:
    Bleach is the best! Does anyone else think so? Any body hear the dubbed version yet? Here is a link to hear it View the Official Adult Swim Schedule at Adult Swim.com

There you go Art_Wolf. :p

Also, the dub sounds incredibly lame. On a plus note however it appears they have retained the original opening and closing songs unlike Naruto.

Makaveli wrote:
    There you go Art_Wolf. :p

Also, the dub sounds incredibly lame. On a plus note however it appears they have retained the original opening and closing songs unlike Naruto.
    How could they get rid of "Wind" at the end of Naruto???
    I always looked forward to the end credits for that lovely bit of music:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Calm Horizons

I prefer Ergo Proxy, personally. Come on episode 19!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Prob going to get slapped for this but I always liked the opening sequence of Love Hina ^_^ For some reason its one of the only anime openings that I can ever remember off the top of my head. That and Excel Saga, another good one :P specially when you know what the characters are doing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Makaveli wrote:
    Also, the dub sounds incredibly lame.
    It may be the drink but I kind of liked it. I usually find that subbed blows everything out of the water apart from in Hellsing, where I prefer the dubbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zerophyte

people still care about bleach despite the immense lameness of the fillers ? i stopped at episode 80 because i just couldnt take any more. i'll watch again when it gets back to being actual bleach (if that day ever comes).

as for the dub; one thing i can't imagine is someone doing kenpachi's voice correctly in english, i just cant imagine how it would work. you might end up with some sort of vin diesel macho voice, or a completely ordinary, lifeless voice like most dubs, neither of which fits (and thats just one character).
    Also, if you're thinking of watching it on adult swim online, thats streaming media right (i dont know) ? why not just download the fansubs instead and save yourself some hassle, and the pain you'd have to endure listening to people murder the voices.
    yeah, so i'm anti-dub, long story short ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Wow i usually hate dubbed anime, specially the awful job they did at naruto but that version of bleach was kinda watchable. Didnt think adult swim would should something like bleach compared to the usual weird animation they show.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the first episode seemed to be fairly well dubbed... think i'll start watching the subs again from the beginning actually ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chumbawumba

I like the bleach music. 've got episodes 1-7 on my ipod.

rock it

Is it not difficult to read the subs on a screen that small?

I tried doing it with Naruto on my H340 (which has a smaller screen than the iPod) and it was headache inducing trying to read the subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is everyone back watching Bleach now that it's out of the filler?

This weeks episode was very enjoyable.

Could've sworn there was a more recent thread on this...

last weeks episode was one of the best since before they went to soul society, gonna hop into bed now and watch the most recent one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Had a bit of a scan back and couldn't find one.

For those who don't know the story got back on track at episode 110.

another great episode, I can't wait to see more of Ichigo vs Grimmjow!
    The recaps at the start of each episode are getting a little annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

The manga isn't too far ahead right now, It seems likely that they might resort to filler after a couple of arcs. :(
    Am I the only one getting annoyed by the way they keep referencing the filler (the bount arc) :mad: you think they'd realise the majority of people didn't watch it and prefer to forget about it (at least Naruto understood that)

tman wrote:
    The recaps at the start of each episode are getting a little annoying

They are wrecking my head. An episode from start to finish is about 24 minutes including opening and ending, so with that little recap every week, where it's the same thing over and over, the actual episode doesn't start until about 3 minutes in and then it finishes at about 21 minutes. That's 18 poxy minutes of actual story.
    Eva24 wrote:
    Am I the only one getting annoyed by the way they keep referencing the filler (the bount arc) you think they'd realise the majority of people didn't watch it and prefer to forget about it

It doesn't annoy me that they mention it considering the possibility that people never watched the filler, it annoys me because it never existed in the manga and as such should have no bearing or mention in the proper story arcs of the anime. They should also have scrapped the likes of Nova and the other two. It seems though that they are mentioning it less, haven't heard reference in a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

yeah nova and them suck, I can only see them being used in a filler after the next arc or too. If not, they should kill them off. Also the personalities of the main characters are different in the new arc to the ones in the Bounto filler.
    But still it rocks. 118 is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I like Bleach.
    ...or should I say liked it.
    Was totally absorbed in it around January, but when Ichigo etc came back from Soul Society they went into this snooze-worthy arc that I couldn't bear to watch all the way through.
    Left it around episode seventy, methinks.

Will pick up on it soon. Uhm, really, I will.

Advertisement