Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franking Machine or Postage Stamps

Options
  • 06-09-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

if you send out mass mailings i.e 200 + per week what is the
    best way a franking machine or stamps ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DarKev

jetsonx wrote:
    if you send out mass mailings i.e 200 + per week what is the
    best way a franking machine or stamps ?

200 items per week doesn't represent mass / bulk mailing in the eyes of An Post.

For handiness sake a small franking machine is the way to go but be sure a weighing scale is incorporated or attached. A small scale up to 2kg weighing would cover most needs. You can also have the meter head hooked to the supplier through a modem for downloads as needed i.e. € top-ups and rate change uploads.

You could do worse than to get in touch with An Post, they can advise on savings to be had on various types of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

While a machine may beat stamps on convenience (and I'm not sure irishstamps.ie s great), what ultimately matters in any business is money.

I understand there are only 3 suppliers of the machines in Ireland, and so they will be unnecessarily expensive, and you only be able to rent them. If you do contact An Post you might come back with the numbers :)

Advertisement