Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Farewell To Tony Blair PM .

Options
  • 06-09-2006 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Its the end game now. Tony will be gone from number 10 by the end of September or at the latest mid October.

It really got going this morning with the Sun claiming that the famous 'date' of departure was the end of July 2007 but Gordon Brown is not hanging around to let John Reid take over number 10 and the general Blairite franchise and has now authorised his minions to resign en masse from various junior ministries to precipitate a crisis of confidence and a 'heave' as the MPs call a push against the PM .

Its over for Tony but I also have a sneaking suspicion that Gordon Brown will never ever be the Prime Minister of Britain.

Paddy Power is offering 6-1 on John Reid , a good bet in a 2 horse race I think and that will be 3-1 by this time tomorrow.

Irish History will always be kind to Tony Blair who followed the John Major tradition of treating us as a partner not as a colony and I will possibly forgive him his trespassing in Iraq ...albeit not for a while. His reading of the "special relationship" with the US was wrong on that one.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Confirmation from Tony Himself that he will be gone within a year

No Tony, you will be gone a lot sooner if the Brownites think their lad will not get the gig.

Advertisement