Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Dun Laoghaire?

Options
  • 06-09-2006 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of going to Dun Laoghaire pier this weekend with some friends to mainly learn how to fish. Don't mind if it's just mackerel. I'm a complete beginner so I was wondering if there are any good spots, if I need a license, if there's any fish I should release if I catch it for whatever reason, or anything else I should know.

Have already checked SEA-ANGLING-IRELAND.ORG. Any other advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

inigo wrote:
    Was thinking of going to Dun Laoghaire pier this weekend with some friends to mainly learn how to fish. Don't mind if it's just mackerel. I'm a complete beginner so I was wondering if there are any good spots, if I need a license, if there's any fish I should release if I catch it for whatever reason, or anything else I should know.

Have already checked SEA-ANGLING-IRELAND.ORG. Any other advice?

Thanks!

Enjoy it is the main thing!! I don't know if you'll still get Mackerel at this stage in the season but the weather for the weekend should be good bar the high tides.. You don't need a license firstly and its best to realease everything you catch unless you fancy a bit of fresh fish on the dinner table that evening. ;)
    Hope you've a fruitful day. Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Thanks guru, I'll do my best. I'll be happy with the day out, and with anything I catch as long as it's moving!

I read on a sticky about the bass restrictions, so now that I know I'll abide by the regulations. You never know, I may even catch one (beginner's luck??).

I heard from a friend there's a lot of seaweed around, which will probably make us lose a lot of tackle. So we may have to change plans and go on broad daylight and try to avoid it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr.Bolickoff

There should be a few people fishing the Pier when you get there and I'm sure they would be happy to give you some advice on tackle needs.

Advertisement