Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Moving North

Options
  • 06-09-2006 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Anyone got any info on moving up to the North full time? Bank accounts, NI numbers, etc? I've just got a job and rented a house.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yeshi

If you have a bank account in the South and they have a branch up there then you should be grand with that.

You'll need a National Insurance number for tax reasons. I would contact the local dole office as soon as you can and get the paper work needed.

You should also check sign-up with a local doctor and find out if you need health insurance etc but as far as I remember the health system is free as its part of your taxes you pay to the UK and NIO.

That should be you then rady to roll, well except dont forget to have the lecky swicthed on in your new house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

yeshi wrote:
    If you have a bank account in the South and they have a branch up there then you should be grand with that.

Although long-term, you may find a better rate and no charges from some of the UK national banks/building societies than the "big four" local ones.

In terms of pension there is a reciprocal agreement between the two governments to allow you to turn PRSI contributions into National Insurance ones in case you need to claim benefits or whatever.

Advertisement