Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need Dublin restaurant recommendations!!

• 06-09-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have been give the task of organising the xmas nite out for work!

I am hoping some of you guys could recommend a nice restaurnt thats not overly priced. Nowhere pretentious and stuck up.

There will only be 5-6 of us and they are all middle aged except me (happy days)

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

There is a food and drink forum with reccommendations.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH. Mods this can be probably merged with similar threads. Thanks. OP, theres a number of resources in this forum that can help you out. Also check out the Dublin City forum under Region->East->Dublin City. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

For something different, try the Mongolian Barbecue in Temple Bar, just behind the Central Bank and Bloom's Hotel. No, it is not Mongolian food. Basically it is like a buffet/barbecue. You get a bowl and go around and pick what you want, which is all raw. There is meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, fruit etc. You fill your bowl and add any sauces you want. Then they take the contents of your bowl and out it onto a huge hotplate. In just a few minutes it is all cooked. They put into a bowl and you go and eat it.

When you are finished you can go up again and repeat the process, this time picking something different or more of something you liked or less of something you didn't. You'll always find that what you get back has shrunk while being cooked, so what was a full bowl when you handed it in is not so full when you get it back. So the trick is to overfill the bowl intially. It doesn't matter whether you are a vegetarian or have limited tastes, there is something there for everyone.

It is basically an "eat as much as you want" place. You pay a price for the food, about €20, no matter how much you eat. You buy your drinks separately. It is very different, but very good. They are only open at limited times, having different sittings. There is one a bit after 9pm on Saturdays, which is when I gone on the various occasions I've been. It is very different and highly recommended. If you have never been to it, try it.

http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thanks, I will check that one out! I basically have to come up with a list of 4 or 5 and we will all decide which one to go to.

Do you work there by any chance? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'm a Mongolian BBQ fan as well but it's a bit chaotic around Christmas. Other good spots for a work crowd would be La Med and Luigi Malone's, both in Temple Bar. Both reasonably priced and laid back.

We had a riotous night last year in Steps of Rome (the one off Dame St.). The food was mediocre (but cheap), but the craic was something else. They didn't mind singing and waiters and waitresses were quite happy to join us for a few drinks later in the night.

A night at the dogs in Shelbourne or Harold's Cross would be good for a small group too. It's about €40 for a really good meal and your entry and race card. It's popular so you'd need to book it soon.

I'm organising our night out at the moment so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

• Advertisement

cool thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Millers Pizza Kitchen on Baggot St ... over the canal bridge / beside Searsons.

Not your average pizza - they are amazing you can get your Roma et al but also Fajita Pizza, Thai Curry, all sorts of stuff and they are damn tasty.... Perfect to start the pub crawl back into town.

Millers Pizza Kitchen on Baggot St ... over the canal bridge / beside Searsons.

Not your average pizza - they are amazing you can get your Roma et al but also Fajita Pizza, Thai Curry, all sorts of stuff and they are damn tasty.... Perfect to start the pub crawl back into town.

ooooh, now that sounds good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Christmas nights in the RDS seem to be the norm for our company. There are 22 of us and we take 2 tables. Foods alright-ish and the craic is excellent. Loads of people merry and out for a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

The best restaurant in Dublin, Chapter One. They have a pre theatre menu for €32 for 3 courses from 6-7pm if thats not too early for you

• Advertisement

PH4T wrote:
    The best restaurant in Dublin, Chapter One. They have a pre theatre menu for €32 for 3 courses from 6-7pm if thats not too early for you

I was there before! There is no atmosphere there at all and its very pretentious! €42 for a glass of whiskey! It went down well though ;)

Advertisement