Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for old bmw paint. HELP

Options
  • 06-09-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for paint for my 316i and don't seem to be able to find anywhere that has it stocked.

Can anyone help me fina a place that stocks it or can have it made up in the dublin area???.

Model: 1993 BMW 316i
    Color: Samoa Blue
    BMW Color Code: 295

Thanks

Seb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Halfords or any decent motor factors should be able to mix it up for you once you have the colour code.

Failing that and perhaps a better idea would be to bring the fuel filler cap into them and get them to make you up some paint based on it as if you were to put new original paint on the car it will most likely be alot brighter as the cars paint would be weathered now and a closer match would be the filler cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Was up in halfords up in blanch a while back and asked if they could make it up and the clerk explained they only stock set colors and if it's not on the shelf they dont have it.

Needless to say it was not on the shelf...

What are these other places you hinted at? a few names would be great.

Anyone ever mixed their own paint???? it's a blue metalic paint....

Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Personally I'd avoid Halfords at all costs if you want paint mixed, have seen some of their attempts and they're not pretty.

Vinny Byrnes out near Walkinstown will mix it up in an aerosol for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Try Vinny Byrne's Paint. They used to be just off dorset Street but I think he's moved if I'm not mistakin. His old Business addres is 13 , Synott Place , Dorset Street. I got paint in there years ago for a jap imort I once had.

Advertisement