Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free money or jobs, whatever works

Options
  • 06-09-2006 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Im going to be honest here, Im broke, flat broke. So if any body knows of someone/where thats giving away free money please do share. I hear theres a money tree in Bradys priate orchard.

Failing that, where in or close to UCD is or is likly to be hiring. Ive looked into the SU shops and bars but they dont look promising. Now Im no stranger to the job market and the problem isnt getting a job; its finding a nice job thats close to UCD.

Ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Selling drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I work in a call center, it's not near ucd but the hours are flexible. don't think it would qualify as a nice job though

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the SU shop's meant to be alright.

the Applied Language Centre are looking for people too to do admin stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I think the UCD Restraunt is hiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

you into sports at all? even if you're not, maybe try the sports centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

red alert wrote:
    the Applied Language Centre are looking for people too to do admin stuff.

Do you have any further information on this? Was it advertised anywhere or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I do call centery things...it's not close to UCD, but it does pay well, it is flexible...and I do get money if I find new employees for them :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Maybe go into the Burlington or the four seasons.There always hiring students to work at balls and functions. Is flexible and good pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Most shops in Dundrum shopping centre are looking for staff.. its only a busride/walk away!

I'd reccommend Schuh at 9.45 an hour and are looking for immediate start [plus you can pass on your generous staff discount to me:P]

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

You might try the Spar up by Higgins' off licence in Clonskeagh (near the mosque). 5/10 minutes from campus. They had a help wanted sign today and there's a few UCD people working there.

Loads of the shops in town are looking for people especially this time of year with people leaving to go back to school/college etc.

You could also try the event management/catering companies. I've a couple of friends working up in croke park with fitzers' catering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The student club(i think...) is looking for floor staff, 8 euro an hour. The bar next to the restraunt, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Red Alert wrote:
    You could also try the event management/catering companies. I've a couple of friends working up in croke park with fitzers' catering.
    I've done that and wouldn't recommend it. The money is decent but it's a fairly mingin job all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The Centre Club is looking for lunchtime staff suppose you could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Poker

Advertisement