Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM VSR-10 'Pro Sniper' review (Lotsa' pics!)

Options
  • 06-09-2006 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Howdy, just thought I'd throw a quick review together for anyone intending, or thinking of getting one of these VSR-10's shortly, I only have my one a day, but have spent a good few hours with it and have the hang of it now.

I got this particular one from www.fire-support.com, it cost £145, plus £15 shipping, which wasnt too bad. It was posted on the 31st August and arrived on the 6th of September. Being delivered by Interlink Express, doesnt seem to have been any sign or notification that it was opened by customs.

boxopen.jpg

First impressions were good, I had read many reviews of people being dissapointed when they picked up the VSR for the first time, due to it being 'too light' and 'toy like', but I have to say I didnt think that, it felt solid, firm a good weight and not particularly light, just a nice weight (but then I have no experience with expensive airsoft snipers (which would have better stocks). I had visions of being able to dent the stock with my fingers, but theres not a chance of that happening, its firm plastic, no screw holes and a barely visible join line.

The package included the gun (with red rubber plug fitted in barrell) a plastic cleaning rod, a Tokyo Marui advertising booklet, the instruction book for the gun (in Japanese of course with minimal English :( ) but the pics explain a lot and on the back of this book is a 'snipers mamual'. Some A5 targets, a bag of 100 or so Marui .25g bbs and a small bag containing two hexagonal keys and a key for removing the barrel cap if necessary.

angleview.jpg

On working the bolt and dry firing I was caught out a few times, when you cycle the bolt and lock it down it HAS to be dead tight in against the stock or the weapon will not fire, the first few times I found that even though you think its down right, its not, but you get used to that after a while. The mag caught me out too, when you push it into the stock there are two little 'clicks', unless you here these two then the mag isnt in properly (even though it might look like it is) but the rounds will not feed from it. Filling the mag too is a bit of a pain and a bit slow :rolleyes: .

The VSR-10 Pro Sniper comes fitted with standard iron sights, you can add a scope rail and scope if you want, but as I'm still waiting on the scope rail I had to make do with the iron sights.

rearsight.jpg
    The rear sight is easily adjusted by using a hexagonal key to move it either up or down, or left to right. There are spring keeping pressure on the sight so it stays good and firm in the set posistion.

The front sight, dissapointingly is held on with double sided tape, incase it needs to be moved or taken off, there is a little bit of wobble there, but its firm enough.

The pistol grip area is a nice size (for me anyway, I dont have big hands) and if you're right handed the safety catch is easily reached with your thumb.

The VSR cocks on pulling the bolt back, so thats where the pull is need, on pushing the bolt forward there is no resistance at all. Unfortunately the ejection port stays closed all the time, doesnt really matter of course, but it would have been a nice extra if that opened on opening the bolt :rolleyes:
    boltopen.jpg

The trigger pull is nice, not too heavy (it can be adjusted to make it lighter if preferred) but it seemed ok to me out of the box.

How does it shoot??
    I set up a couple of targets, one set at 12m and another at approx 20m, the targets used were printed on A4 sheets. Using the standard sights in both kneeling and standing posistion, but in both cases resting on a bench.

setup.jpg

I fires 5 rounds at a time to zero in the rifle, the color codes are as follows:
    Red: First five rounds
    Green: second lot of five rounds
    Yellow: third lot of five rounds
    Blue: Fourth lot of five rounds
    Purple: fifth lot.

Both .2g Walther bb's and .25g Marui bb's were used where stated.

First target--12m--.20g Wather--Standing
    sheet1.jpg
    (I set the sights too high for the blue shots)

Next target, after some zero'ing in--12m--.20g Walther--Standing
    sheet3.jpg

Target set at 20m approx, unfortunately at this distance it was hard (for me anyway) to see the centre of the A4 target, so it wasnt so great. Using .20g Walther in the kneeling posistion.
    sheet4.jpg
    20 shots were fired at that target, only 12 impacted.

Next set of targets set at 12m, practicing grouping. .25g Marui bb's used in the kneeling posistion:
    grouping2.jpg
    grouping3.jpg
    grouping5.jpg

It wasnt too bad at all on the groupings with the .25g's, packed a hell of a punch at that distance!

Thats it for now, should be interesting once I get the scope set up on her and get that zero'ed in :D. If anyone has any questions about the VSR, or want any particular pics then just ask.

CroppyBoy1798

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement