Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone on NTL had a look at their 'User Policy' lately ?

• 06-09-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Kinda Related to the other thread around NTL starting to get heavy with folks exceeding their download limits, but I was wondering had any NTL customers had taken a close look at the T&Cs on NTL's web site ?

I know that back when I was doorstepped by NTL trying to flog BB; the main selling point they pushed was the fact that the had all this bandwidth & no nasty fees for exceeding their, for the time, already, very high limits. At the time I was on DSL with 512b/s Netsource & had no Cap, but it was >2x more expensive than the NTL 1 Meg, so it seemed a no brainer to swicth to NTL.

Now the situation has changed , they have 4 different packages, 1/2/3 & 6 Mb/s with quotas of 2/16/30 & 40 GB/Month. I got a free upgrade to 2 Meg, but now I have a Cap they have decided to start enforcing , but havent communicated clearly to their customers, or give them the capability to self-regulate.

One particularly odd thing that struck me was that even though the 6MB package has a 40 GB quota/month, but the T&Cs define 'Normal' usage as 1GB/Day, so whats the point of a 40GB/month limit
    :confused:

Whatever happened to bandwidth advantage that cable had over DSL ?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What does your contract with them state?
    Surely whatever is in that stands unless they agree with you before any changes are made?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There have been a number of recent posts here stating that NTL are blaming contention for slow speeds but they do not state any contention rates for their various bb products on their 'new' site as far as I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

I had a look at the T&Cs & what the say around changes to them being communicated.

25. Changing the Terms and Conditions

Where any of the following occurs:

(i) there is any change or amendment to any law or regulation which applies to our trading, operating or business practices or policy;

(ii) the ODTR or any other Competent Authority makes any direction or order recommending or requiring any technical modifications or changes in our trading, operating or business practices or policy; or

(iii) in all other events, where we reasonably determine that any technical modification to the ntl Network or change in our trading, operating or business practices or policy is necessary to maintain or improve the Services which we provide to you,

we reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement and/or the Services which we provide to you as soon as is reasonably practicable by giving written notice to you prior to the changes being introduced referred to in this Condition. We will also publish details of any changes (including the operative date) in each of our main offices and on our web-site as soon as possible prior to the changes being introduced.

So it looks like NTL is bound to communicate any changes to T&Cs, like changing Caps etc !!

Advertisement