Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maplin receiver

• 06-09-2006 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

getting an 80 cm dish installed. was lookin in maplin brochure at the receivers. basically, will the more expensive ones with card slots take an art card.?? or should i be lookin bit higher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I'm pretty new to this but, any receiver that has 'viaccess' compatibility will let you use an art card directly.
    I bought a Technomate 1500ci+ on the advice of a few people from here, and its the business!.(cost 300 euro for receiver+card+p&p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Or if it has not viaccess card reader but a larger CI slot (Like PCMCIA/PCcard slot) you can buy a Viaccess CAM.

Shortly Maplin is selling Hard Disk Recording Satreceivers from about 440 Eur, not sure of model, dual or single tuner or disk size!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

getting an 80 cm dish installed. was lookin in maplin brochure at the receivers. basically, will the more expensive ones with card slots take an art card.?? or should i be lookin bit higher

You're looking in the right area ok.

The box would need a slot or else a CI (common interface).

to be safe you should let us know what box you have in mind. the folks hereabouts will be able to tell you if it will work an ART card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I heard it works fine with ART card. any reciever with Via embedded should work. My nokia 9800s works fine.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

snaps wrote:
    I heard it works fine with ART card. any reciever with Via embedded should work. My nokia 9800s works fine.

You heard, which one works fine. He never actually mentioned one pacifically.

As suggested by dobsdave, the TM1500ci+ is a great little receiver, with plenty of support for it. It has a build in card reader which you can use for an ART card, and there is also a CI slot.
    I bought a Technomate 1500ci+ on the advice of a few people from here, and its the business!.(cost 300 euro for receiver+card+p&p)

Was it Emre who sorted you in the end. If so I'm glad I was able to help.

• Advertisement

maplins viaccess one.

snaps wrote:
    maplins viaccess one.

Oh right, he only referred to
    was lookin in maplin brochure at the receivers. basically, will the more expensive ones with card slots take an art card.??

The more expensive one has Viaccess embedded. currently on offer at €134

snaps wrote:
    The more expensive one has Viaccess embedded. currently on offer at €134

Thats an excellent price but I would still tend to go for the TM1500 simply for the support. There would not be that much more in the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

this lad never turned up or rang me bout the dish he was ment to put up for me. anyways im lookin for someone to install 80 cm dish, good receiver( technomate looks promising), maybe a motor as well,art card too. can any of ye point me in right direction, im based in oranmore outside galway city. if it works out my mate is very intersted as well for his house. im not really up to doing it myself

• Advertisement

I'd love to help, but as I am based in Waterford, it would not be worth my while travelling up to Galway. You would probably be better of trying to source the Art card and the Technomate yourself and then try and get somebody to supply and fit the dish/motor.

pm sent snaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Aquos76 wrote:
    You heard, which one works fine. He never actually mentioned one pacifically.

As suggested by dobsdave, the TM1500ci+ is a great little receiver, with plenty of support for it. It has a build in card reader which you can use for an ART card, and there is also a CI slot.

Was it Emre who sorted you in the end. If so I'm glad I was able to help.

Yes indeed, thanks again for your help and advice.:)

should be gettin dish any day now. fella rang me yesterday. happy days

Advertisement