Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com bastids!

Options
  • 06-09-2006 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Couldnt find the old thread I made about 3 weeks ago about play's weee policy that no electronic/gadgets will be shipped outside the UK.

That's fine, I am over that. But noticed a good deal they have atm, where you can pick out any three posters you want, for £10 delivered. Great I think, but apprently, these coloured paper, wall decorations are FECKING "GADGETS" now, and they wont ship to Ireland. :confused:

Couldn't find an email to enquire about this with them, and tell them that it's pretty dumb. Anyone else think that posters classed as "gadgets" which fall under the same policy as electrical goods is retarded?

I just want some posters damn it! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Yep their classifications are rather strange, Ive emailed them before about it. You will get a polite stock response back, but nothing more. Hey its their perogative to sell whatever they want to whichever market they want.

Is the weee definitely the reason for them doing this? If so, I suppose as soon as the UK introduces it they will resume shipping electrical stuff here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cd/dvd = fits in a jiffy bag/cardboard envelope
    gadget/poster/console = larger and more expensive for them to post
    if they were to post these items overseas, they would have to revise their free postage policy, which i for one don't want.

they've been doing this for as long as i have been using them (back when i first got a GC iirc...)
    if you want a poster, buy it from elsewhere and be prepared to pay the postage.

Advertisement