Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusinessAngels.ie - Y/N?

Options
  • 06-09-2006 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Anyone had any experience with these guys?
    A hundred euro well spent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

what does your €100 get you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Gregor43

A list of small companies looking for investment/buy out I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Again, what does your €100 get you?
    What are Business Angels?
    These are often successful entrepreneurs themselves, or they may have been senior managers from industry. A common thread is that they are looking for the opportunity to invest in ambitious, fast-growth businesses.

Who needs them?
    Any company can benefit from their involvement but Business Angels are particularly useful for:

* Early-stage and growing businesses that do not have enough capital of their own.
    * Companies whose equity requirements are too small for venture capitalists.
    * Growing businesses that need to strengthen their board or management team.

Looks more like a Dragons Den style thing, not sure what you're expecting for your €100!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

This is from their website
    "The Business Angel Partnership is a joint initiative between Enterprise Ireland, InterTrade Ireland and the Irish Business and Innovation Centres. It is managed by Dublin Business Innovation Centre Limited as part of its ongoing support to start-up and developing enterprises.

For a more detailed understanding of how the Business Angels Partnership can help you please get in touch with your local office. You’ll find full contact details on this website or on the back cover of our brochure."

Given the current level of pshing[sic] scams I would be talking to a human and checking them out before I would part with my 100€:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Those organisations that run it are top of the range - surprising that they need to get €100 off people (seeing as they are funded by the government). Maybe it is just in order to show that you are serious?

• Advertisement
Advertisement