Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Memorie's Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

bettlebrox wrote:
    Some pics of the old Donegal Railway:

http://www.geocities.com/ballyshannon_donegal/donegal_railway.html

Plus, he/she has a bunch of recent pics of Ballyshannon.

bettlebrox,

Once again you are on the ball, even raising threads that I personally had forgotten about, but which I still believe are important to the North-West forum.

P. :cool:

N.B. "A Picture is worth a thousand words"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

one of the most atricious thing to ever happen in donegal must be the ceasing of the railways. what were they thinking.... how popular would a railway from B&S-Letterkenny-lifford-donegal-ballyshannon etc... shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Paddy20 wrote: »
    Do you remember my Uncle Liam Arthurs, Fish & chipper in Lifford, and Devines Tea premises (in Lifford) and grocery shop in Strabane's Main Street, My Mothers sister was Mamie Devine ( Nee McElhinney) from Convoy. I went to Melmount School for a short time, but preferred the Tech in Stranorlar.

I thought the Cinema in the main street in Strabane was the greatest.

Strabane is and always was a very special place to me, and will always hold a very special place in my heart.

God bless.

P. :cool:

Hi I'm researching the family tree and my cousin told me that we are related to the "Strabane Tea Devines" would be interested in hearing any information, swaping family info etc. PM me.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

jaqian wrote: »
    Hi I'm researching the family tree and my cousin told me that we are related to the "Strabane Tea Devines" would be interested in hearing any information, swaping family info etc. PM me.

Rob

He's not with us anymore!*

* Look under his username

Thanks Gilley. i was able to track down his email address.

J.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I dont know whether I have any great memories of Donegal apart from lifesize statues of the sacred heart in a pub in Glencolmcille, that fightened the bejeepers outa me. (it was on a landing) :eek:
    But have some recent good memories of Donegal people and paddy20 is one of them. Good to have you back. :) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tuppence wrote: »
    I dont know whether I have any great memories of Donegal apart from lifesize statues of the sacred heart in a pub in Glencolmcille, that fightened the bejeepers outa me. (it was on a landing)
    Did they move?

But have some recent good memories of Donegal people
    I hope that includes me :)

and paddy20 is one of them. Good to have you back. :) :cool:
    He's not back and is not going to be either.

[...]Good to have you back. :) :cool:

I am not him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote: »
    Did they move?

I hope that includes me :)

He's not back and is not going to be either.

Oh I see the date now. :o:(

What kind of trick is this anyway? :mad:

What have you done with him? has he been banned for life?:confused:

I can change my mind on people you know. :p

The statues werent moving, just winking every now and again. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

My late father was born in Carriegart 1924 and always told me the story that when he was a teenager he would be cycling into Downings to hang out with his friends and would often pass his old Uncle Barney coming the other way to have a beer with his cronies; they would shout hello to each other as they passed. About a month after Barney had died my father was cycling down the road and there in other direction comes 'Barney on his bike'. My dad decided that he would cycle on past and he swore Barney hailed him as they passed:eek:

Now it wouldn't be like a Donegal man to blether the lugs off of a child with a tall tale would it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement