Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where do i start??

• 06-09-2006 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi i would like to start making music like oakenfield and tiesto and that so where would i start??of course i wont be as good as them but everybodys got to start somewhere,so what kind of equipment do i need??is their a part time course that i could do?? and what exactly are decks and how could they help?i think i know what they are,are they just turntables?i know that would help me with mixing music which is something that i neeed to learn but
    i want to make music of my own and not just mess about with someone elses.thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

j2u wrote:
    hi i would like to start making music like oakenfield and tiesto and that so where would i start??

www.dairylea.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Helix wrote:

Post of the year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

j2u wrote:
    what exactly are decks

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

:rolleyes:

hi there!

to make music you need any one of a bewildering variety of computer programs...

the easiest to get to grips with are probably "fruityloops" and "reason"

they're quite expensive, but you should be able to find a free demo lying around somewhere that will let you fiddle around but not save your work.

[i am not going to discuss the the many other ways in which you could evaluate the software before purchasing because it's illegal to pirate software or even discuss it on this board]

as you learn what all the knobs and buttons do you'll figure out whether or not it's worth upgrading to something more powerful, but reason is a perfectly useful piece of kit for getting your heads around production.

as for decks, well, decks are basically a pair of record players that allow you to play one song and then play the next one without stopping the music or making it sound like someone is throwing metal boxes of cutlery down the stairs. if you want to MAKE the music then you don't really need a pair, although they're great craic to own and use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fair play [cm]tyranny, the poor guy was just asking for a few pointers ffs.
    If he was a fan of DJ Rankin i would've told him to piss right off though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

you could allwatys try Ejay :D....

simply because itle help you leanr how to structure a song , and stuff and its never essy to do that at first ...

plus its simple to use reason can be a pain in the bum at time's....

Advertisement