Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Northern Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Blackjack wrote:
    First off, wearing the Jersey of a Scottish Club to an Irish International game is daft, in my opinion. You may as well wear a Man U Jersey or a Tampa Bay Rowdies for all the significance, but they're not playing at Ireland Internationals, and neither are Celtic. Whether Celtic and Ireland as one and the same in Scotland is not the issue here. Read my post again, my point was related to the criticism of some Norn Iron fans wearing Rangers Jerseys while it seems OK for Celtic Jerseys to be Worn at Ireland Games.

And I respect your opinion, and I also did read your post fully.

And yes from a very basic point of view wearing a celtic jersey to an Ireland Match is daft. But only as daft as wearing a London Irish Jersey to a Ireland Rugby game.(Which personally I don't find daft at all)

If it was a case that Norn Ireland fans were 99% Protestant then I would say that wearing a Rangers Jersey to a Match is not a problem. Right now it's not the case so wearing a Rangers Jersey almost equally (53%/43% Divide)as crazy as Wearing a Celtic Jersey to a Norn Ireland Game. I would like to emphasise that I said wearing a Celtic jersey to a Norn Irealand game is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

AthAnRi wrote:
    Celtic has a massive one with Ireland. It's effectively an Irish club on foreign soil. Ala Boston Celtic, Hibernians, London Irish etc...

It's not as massive as you think it is.

There's plenty of Irish clubs on Irish soil to support - no need to go to Glasgow to find one.

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    1. It's not as massive as you think it is.

2. There's plenty of Irish clubs on Irish soil to support - no need to go to Glasgow to find one.

1. I'm sure there are a large percentage of people that also share my belief that a foreign club set up by an Irishman leads to it having a massive connection with Ireland.

2. That's a side arguement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Wearing / flying any colours from any club based outside your own country while attending your own coutry's international match is stupid, and would be laughed at anywhere apart from event-junkie Ireland. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

AthAnRi wrote:
    1. I'm sure there are a large percentage of people that also share my belief that a foreign club set up by an Irishman leads to it having a massive connection with Ireland.

AC Milan was set up by an Englishman, Alfred Edwards, in 1899. Initially the team included a cricket section, managed by Edward Berra, and a football section assigned to David Allison.

Bateman wrote:
    Wearing / flying any colours from any club based outside your own country while attending your own coutry's international match is stupid, and would be laughed at anywhere apart from event-junkie Ireland. :rolleyes:

Whether people think it's stupid or not is beside the point. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and if they believe wearing a celtic jersey to an Ireland match is stupid then that's fine by me. Personally I don't think it is but that's my opinion.

However regardless of what your opinion is on that topic it's totally irrelevent to the argument in question.

Anyway I've already given my piece, and I feel that this arguement is going around in circles. So on that note...

Advertisement