Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing spoke..

Options
  • 07-09-2006 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys ..
    was cycling to work the other day and some crazy driver cut into the cycle lane, I ended up mounting the big kerb at the last minute, got the front wheel up and tryed to limit the impact of the rear wheel. I only noticed today that I lost a spoke.. it must have split from the wheel on impact.

should I replace the wheel or would it be ok to continue till things get wobbly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Unless the hub of the wheel has been damaged, you should get away with simply replacing the missing spoke. But the fact that a spoke came out in the first instance could point to other damage

Have a bike shop look at it, or someone who knows wheels I say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Same thing happened me the other week, except it got wobbly straight away, if theres no damage to the rim, then its a fairly straight forward job, just bring it to a bke shop/repair shop, shouldnt be too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭skidpatches

GBX wrote:
    Hi guys ..
    was cycling to work the other day and some crazy driver cut into the cycle lane, I ended up mounting the big kerb at the last minute, got the front wheel up and tryed to limit the impact of the rear wheel. I only noticed today that I lost a spoke.. it must have split from the wheel on impact.

should I replace the wheel or would it be ok to continue till things get wobbly?
    did you get their reg? if so give traffic watch a call. i'm astounded by the number of c***s on the road who are incompetent, agressive and dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

cheers guys for the reply, ill bring it to get looked at.

Unfortunatley I didnt get the reg, but im thinking of mounting a camera on my handlebar and saddle and have a remote control beside the gear levers to catch as many of the crazy drivers in this town! :cool:

Advertisement