Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know your a skater when?

Options
  • 07-09-2006 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

I saw this on the skateboarding.com website awhile back and thought it was a really good idea that I could do here... but I dont think there will be the same amount of replys!

Heres how it works! You say "you know your a skater when"....(answer) and so on and so forth!

So I will go 1st (theres not really a limit to how many you can put down.. Ill just do one to start)

You know your a skater when you fall but get back up to try again!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

"you know you're a skater when your jacks is full of old thrasher mags......"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

lol I never heard that one before thats a good one! :D

I have loads ill just share one when someone else does one or something!

You know your a skater when you you have a skateboard tattooed onto your body(which I will soon) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

you know youre a skater when everytime you hear a rumble outside, you look out to check if its your buddies coming down the road on their boards.
    (its usually a pram or a plane going overhead)

you know youre a skater when you own "video days"

you know youre a skater when you look out the window of the bus and "mind-skate" every piece of interesting terrain you see.

OR

you know youre a skater when you look at EVERYTHING differently

you know youre a skater when you keep a brush in the car to sweep up spots.

you know youre a skater when it hurts to see the rain.

you know youre a skater when the thought of smooth flat ground excites you ( people may disagree with this. and ive a few friends who wont skate unless theres an obstacle there. flat ground is where it all began)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

You know youre a skater when you have supermanned down a steep hill youd think twice about shredding.

:D

Go on deny you've done it...

You know youre a skater when tarmac tatoo hangovers are just part of a monday.
    :rolleyes:

Haha there like all the ones I wass going to use! Especially the mind skate one!

The video days one is really good(even though I dont have it:D )

Ok..

You know your a skater when you draw those comic thingys on the inside of your copies and books in school!(I use to anyway when I was in school)

(not really a good one I dunno) You know your a skater when you break your two ankles one after another over the period of a year but you still skate when your better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bastack

You know your a skater when you still draw Vato Rats with your finger on steamed up windows........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

You know you're a skater when girls complain about your rough hands!!! :D

You know you're a skater when the rivits on your jeans are worn down from grip tape!

You know you're an ol' school skater when you think that all boards are tiny these days( and which end is the nose??)!!! :D:D

You know you're a skater when you hope your kids will one day skate and pray they dont wanna take up rugby or football!!!!

You know you're a skater when the only reason for getting driving lessons is to drive to all the new parks opening up lately!!! Yahoo!!!!

Later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You know you're a skater when you ride your skate board.
    Note the correct use of your and you're.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 airwalk

You know you're annoying when you correct other peoples grammer in a boards.ie forum!!

let it go .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

You know you are a skater when you have more crutches then tee shirts in your wardrobe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

you know your oldschool
    if you had to tell non skaters why you had "awa" wrote on your board

U no yr a sk8r wen u post usn txt spk on forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

you know your a skater if u think element sucks balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Emcee Kenna

You know you're a skater when you first stepped on a skateboard in 1988 and still crave skate sessions 18 years later.

You know you're a skater when you first stepped on a skateboard in 1988 and still crave skate sessions 18 years later.

Thats actually a very good one! I hope I feel the same in....:rolleyes: 13 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

you know you're a skater when your body aches and pains too much to take it anymore but you still go at it because you have an appetite for destruction that cannot be satisfied

TacT wrote:
    an appetite for destruction that cannot be satisfied

How long have you been skating?

I dont have an appetite for destruction when I skate.. hmm thats like saying I skate just so I can vandalise..

I say this cause I got banned from the waterford forum trying to prove a point that skaters dont skate to vandalise :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

DeafVision wrote:
    How long have you been skating?

I dont have an appetite for destruction when I skate.. hmm thats like saying I skate just so I can vandalise..

I say this cause I got banned from the waterford forum trying to prove a point that skaters dont skate to vandalise :p

i think he meant it in more of a shredding way, like skatin any where anytime any thing, not litterally destruction.

f wrote:
    i think he meant it in more of a shredding way, like skatin any where anytime any thing, not litterally destruction.

Thats what I was kinda thinking... but it just sounds like something a little fella would say you know(sorry if your not little and your like 18 or something lol..)

talk about reading too much into things. Let's try again, you know you're a skater when you have a few spare pairs of crutches lying around the place.

I just turned 18 this Summer and have been skating for 2 months. Thanks for clearing that up f.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

TacT wrote:
    talk about reading too much into things. Let's try again, you know you're a skater when you have a few spare pairs of crutches lying around the place.

I just turned 18 this Summer and have been skating for 2 months. Thanks for clearing that up f.
    is there anyway i can change my name cos f is stupid just fionn was already takin

f wrote:
    is there anyway i can change my name cos f is stupid just fionn was already takin

You gota be a subscriber! lol I wanted to change mine too but couldnt... pain in the arse! Ive grown out of my name!

subscribe :)

Can I have some money? :)

You know you're a skater when you get free Etnies clothing as endorsments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

you know your a skater when....you and your mates skate out the back of your gaf, in the freezing cold, till the early hours of the mornin with a few splifs skating a ****ty miniramp until your fingers are so cold you cant roll anymore!

You know your a skater when you and you mates make a skateboard gang and give each other code names like Trucks, Wheeler, Gripper and Olly and you stay out till 10.30 on a school night. FACT

FX Meister wrote:
    You know your a skater when you and you mates make a skateboard gang and give each other code names like Trucks, Wheeler, Gripper and Olly and you stay out till 10.30 on a school night. FACT

lol...........................:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

You know your a skater when the Suicidal Tendencies song Possessed To Skate still sounds good all these years later!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

Heh, the ol Possessed to Skate never got old! Still one of my favourites! :D

Advertisement