Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying Today - Help Needed - LCD TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I'd dismiss the Nordmende as I don't know them.

I've seen the Sharp in a friends house and it's really nice. I've two Philips LCDs and they are good too, but one thing about the philips ones that really annoys me (happens on their plasmas and crts too) is the widescreen auto switching that they do.

I'd toss between the Philips and the Sharp to be honest, try to get a look at both instore before buying, check how the connections are made (back, bottom or side) this might impact where you place the set.

There are two HDMI ports on the Philips but the site doesn't tell you how many are on the sharp.

Good luck and enjoy!!

Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Just in case you're feeling brave you could try to order online

Here's a list of TVs:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10616

There's a good range of TV's to choose from and you'd get more TV for your €€€.

Regards,
    Q

Advertisement