Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Audio

Options
  • 07-09-2006 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi y'all,

I am helping a friend out with streaming a radio (operates for about 2/3 weeks during a festival) through the internet.

I have been reading up on it and there is one thing that I am not getting.

I do not want everyone connecting to my streaming server that will be in the radio studio as it would eat up the bandwidth. Is it possible to send the stream to the webserver (Webhost) which will relay the stream? meaning that the only bandwidth used in the radio studio is one 64Kb/sec link to the webserver. Or is this what happens anyway?

If anyone can recommed streaming software as well as codecs to use.

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

axer wrote:
    Hi y'all,

I am helping a friend out with streaming a radio (operates for about 2/3 weeks during a festival) through the internet.

I have been reading up on it and there is one thing that I am not getting.

I do not want everyone connecting to my streaming server that will be in the radio studio as it would eat up the bandwidth. Is it possible to send the stream to the webserver (Webhost) which will relay the stream? meaning that the only bandwidth used in the radio studio is one 64Kb/sec link to the webserver. Or is this what happens anyway?

If anyone can recommed streaming software as well as codecs to use.

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Noel.

is that a LAN? if it is then will it eat up the bandwidth??? i'm not sure
    what are you using? Shoutcast? if so then you can block access via their config file as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

is that a LAN? if it is then will it eat up the bandwidth??? i'm not sure
    what are you using? Shoutcast? if so then you can block access via their config file as far as i know
    Hi, Sorry I was unclear. I have looked more into shoutcast and it seems to do what I want i.e. to be able stream the audio to a remote server which users would connect to.

Advertisement