Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Documents....

Options
  • 07-09-2006 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get my head aroud buying used and was wondering, If i were to buy a used car off a trader or private seller, what papers should it have with it? Like ownership, service history, nct etc? Which must the car legally have with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Newer cars (post 92?) have an ownership cert which is completed with the buyers details and set to Shannon.
    Older cars have a log book which is sent with a completed change of ownership form (can't recall code but its available from garda stations & possibly online).
    You should also get the current NCT cert and also service history etc for your own benefit.
    Legally only the ownership cert/log book is necessary when selling the car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Advertisement