Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Wii games

Options
  • 07-09-2006 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed on Play.com that while they are advertising PS3 games at 79.99 (no big surprise) they are also using that price for Nintendo Wii games :eek:

Anyone know if that is Play.com just being silly, or if Wii games are going to be priced in the same region as X360 and PS3 games. If they are it hardly seems justified, since the Wii is really just a GameCube with updated graphics and a 3D controller

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nintendo haven't announced the prices, so that's just Play.com guessing AFAIK.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I guess it is a maximum price so that customers ain't going nuts at them... i.e
    if they put €49.99 price on them and then when they get the price it becomes €69.99, customers would demand they get them for the first advertised price etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

jonny24ie wrote:
    I guess it is a maximum price so that customers ain't going nuts at them... i.e
    if they put €49.99 price on them and then when they get the price it becomes €69.99, customers would demand they get them for the first advertised price etc.

IIRC I read in a games magazine that the games for wii will will be no more than $50 which will of course be bumped up to E50 over here. I think 60 would be the limit given the hardware. If this is true, then people will think twice about buying PS3 games for close to 100 euro. :rolleyes:

I would probably have paid full price for an X360, but I refuse to buy games for 80 euro!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo have said that they don't see any point in putting up game prices this generation and will stay the same. Developement costs should be the same on Wii as they are on GC. However expect unscrupulous retailers to keep the prices high in the first few weeks of launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

FutureGuy wrote:
    I would probably have paid full price for an X360, but I refuse to buy games for 80 euro!!!

Play, CDWOW etc charge less than €60 for X360 games, and fair amount of them can be gotten from Play-asia for less than €40 as they are region free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement