Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value of Golf

Options
  • 07-09-2006 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

Having just picked up an Octavia for my girlfriend's sister, we're going to be selling her Golf. Any ideas on value before I put it on adverts.ie? It's a 97 5dr 1.4 in Dragon Green, with just over 60k and a service history. A good, straight car, as I recall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

5,500-6,000

It'll deffiently sell, the 1.4's are popular with younger drivers because of the insurance obviously. Milage is good, but its nearly ten years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

have a look on carzone, but beware these are dealer prices. a 97 sold for €1,500 at auction last month and a 98 for €2,500 but these are auction prices and I don't know the condition of the car. Either way, golfs are good sellers, you won't have it long.

Private seller prices on carzone range from €2,500 to €4,000 for a 1.4

5,500 - 6,000 is crazy - a gti is worth 4k - http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=491110

If it is in good condition put it up for €3,950 and take €3,450 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

A bit of advice, don't turn down a reasonable offer. Girlfreinds brother was selling a '96 golf and turned down an offer of ~€2600. He eventually sold it for €1800 about 6 months later. People pay silly money for golfs from dealers and think they'll get it back. This is not always true, especially the mkIII <comicbook guy> worst golf ever </comicbook guy>.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

5,500-6,000

It'll deffiently sell, the 1.4's are popular with younger drivers because of the insurance obviously. Milage is good, but its nearly ten years old.

Very unlikely you would get €5,500 for a 9.5 year old Golf MkIII. Yes Golfs are popular with young drivers these days but it is the MkIV and MkV mostly as they have become kind of a "status" symble for young people.

To the OP I would say your car would fetch around €3,500 depending on condition. A good clean car which has at least 6 months NCT left will sell quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

steve06 wrote:
    If it is in good condition put it up for €3,950 and take €3,450 for it.
    bazz26 wrote:
    To the OP I would say your car would fetch around €3,500 depending on condition. A good clean car which has at least 6 months NCT left will sell quickly.

This is the kind of money I was thinking of myself. Thanks for the advice, people! And of course if anyone knows anyone who may be interested...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

I'd agree with figure of €3k - €3.5k. The low mileage is a good selling point.

A friend of mine sold his 97 golf last year for €3k. It had alloys, a 10disc changer and a GTI body kit, but high enough mileage.

If you get €3k for it i'd be happy, the figure of €5k quoted above is well off the mark, you could get a 98 MKiV for that money!!

Advertisement