Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labrador needs a new home..Clonmel

Options
  • 07-09-2006 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi all

A lovely young couple (relatives) have a gorgeous labrador bitch with all her papers and love her to bits but with a two year old daughter and another on the way in December (a surprise!) they've reluctantly decided they can't give her all the walks and attention she needs.

He sometimes has to travel for work and it leaves her with too much on her plate. They feel so bad that this sweet-tempered dog who would thrive in a family with older kids - you should see how gentle she is with the two year old - isn't having the life she deserves.

There seem to be a lot of animals needing rehoming in Tipperary (checked websites) so I thought I'd post here just in case someone knew of a deserving family or couple who'd really care for her. all they want is reassurance she'll go to a good home, no money looked for.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Goffie
    PS Alun, if you're reading this the dog-walker you pointed me to is brilliant and my dog adores her! I can see the difference it makes to him to be out romping with other dogs - so a huge thank you!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Why can't she just get a dog walker the baby won't be baby for ever.
    Someone that could call once or twice a day would solve that problem until she has more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Good idea, GPR, but in this case with new baby only months away it's going to be another two-three years before she can give the dog the attention it needs.
    Managing a toddler, a new-born and a big, bouncy lab would be no picnic.

A walk or two a day by a dog walker is not enough for theemotional neds of the dog - and there's the financial committment.
    That would be at least €10 per walk. 5 walks a week is €50 and could seriously impact on their finances,

I know they shouldn't have taken on the dog without thinking it through, but the situation is here now and I'm trying to find the best solution possible for the dog.

Any more ideas, anyone?
    Cheers
    Goffie

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

How old is the dog and what colour is she please? If you could post a photo would be great too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

If she's not already neutered please ensure she is before re-homing to minimise the risk of someone making a breeding machine out of her :D

Also you could try some of the welfare groups in Tipp and see if they could put her photo on their sites for you

Also

www.irishanimals.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Apologies for delay in replying, all, hectic week.

She's a golden lab, pretty sure she's spayed but will check for definite.

We're going to do the website thing, but there's so many dogs looking for homes on there!!

Colm, she's about 2-3 years old and I'll see about getting a pic. Do you have a home in mind for her?

Thanks a mil
    Goffie

• Advertisement
Advertisement