Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Cards and Insurance

Options
  • 07-09-2006 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Ok my friend bought something very expensive this xmas and his house was burgled last night.

This itme among other things was stolen.

Now the thing is that the item he bought at xmas was paid for on a credit card.

I have seen adds in the past for items bought on credit cards being insured, I am wondering would this item be insured against theft.

Now the item was bought 10 months ago at this stage.

This is not a scam by the way, they guy (my best friend who happens to be a student) is gutted as the item stolen was his pride and joy. He lives in student accomodation and doesn't have contents insurance.

Hope you can help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

gold and platinum cards maybe

possibly only while in transit from the shop to the home

read the T&Cs willya !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Sponge Bob wrote:
    gold and platinum cards maybe

possibly only while in transit from the shop to the home

read the T&Cs willya !

It aint my card so i have no clue what T&C come with it. Hence the general question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I am wondering would this item be insured against theft.

Short answer-No.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they insure it before it gets to you as far as i know. so you get a new one if its lost in transit but not if you throw it in a lake

Advertisement