Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing halogen bulbs

Options
  • 07-09-2006 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am trying to replace a 50w halogen bulb, the type with 2 pins. However, having removed the faulty one I can't connect the new one. Can anyone please explain how I do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

sure you havent mixed up a 12v bulb with a 220v bulb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

rosn123 wrote:
    I am trying to replace a 50w halogen bulb, the type with 2 pins. However, having removed the faulty one I can't connect the new one. Can anyone please explain how I do this?

Halogen bulbs with 2 pins can either be screw in or just a straight insert. Maybe you trying the wrong method. If the pins are relatively thick (about 3mm) then its a screw in. If they're thin like wire, then they're push in. If it's the later, make sure you align the pins up right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What type of halogen bulb?
    Is it a GU10 an MR16 or G10 ?
    you really need to give more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

more detail or a pic please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rosn123

Thanks for replies but have managed it. The first one I had tried was faulty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement