Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird man on bus

Options
  • 07-09-2006 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

On the 4:20 bus to Carraroe from Galway, sat an odd man who whistled "Come Fly With Me" and generally spoke to himself on the way until some Mary's student started to take the piss out of him. Anyone know him? He was of average height und huskey. Everyone on the bus had good times listening to him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, it wasn't The Quiet Man :)
    Was he talking in English or Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Redhairedguy might have been out in Carraroe for the day so...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

biko wrote:
    Was he talking in English or Irish?

He was whistling in Early Modern Greek , had you listened !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sponge Bob wrote:
    He was whistling in Early Modern Greek , had you listened !
    generally spoke to himself
    English or Irish? Carraroe is Gaeltacht, he could be local.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Well.... I have a theory about Carraroe.... basically in the early 50's through to 60's there was some kind of nuclear testing, which brought about people called "Dementors", people who are quite quite mad! And I mean insane... And (no offence meant to anybody) they are all based in Carraroe/Spiddal/Conemara area. I used to get the bus everyday in the morning and back again in the evening for the month of September in 2005. And my studies of this indiginous folk have been hilarious to say the least.

Should you ever want to know more, come seek me, and for the price of a cup of tea I shall reveal to you a world you never knew existed.

So in my conclusion, i figure you probably experienced a "Dementor".

• Advertisement

Is he a slightly big man with his pants down around his hips?

I once got on the Barna bus into town sitting beside someone like that. They started to sing Enya's "Sail Away" in a high pitched voice. Seemed odd seeing as how he was so huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Well.... I have a theory about Carraroe.... basically in the early 50's through to 60's there was some kind of nuclear testing, which brought about people called "Dementors", people who are quite quite mad! And I mean insane... And (no offence meant to anybody) they are all based in Carraroe/Spiddal/Conemara area. I used to get the bus everyday in the morning and back again in the evening for the month of September in 2005. And my studies of this indiginous folk have been hilarious to say the least.

Should you ever want to know more, come seek me, and for the price of a cup of tea I shall reveal to you a world you never knew existed.

So in my conclusion, i figure you probably experienced a "Dementor".

They wear raincoats too...

They wear raincoats too...

That's Right!!!!:eek:

They do too!

you're right on the ball... you know what I'm talking about!

The best thing about Dementors are you can always point them out... they're the person with full length green rain coat running around in 30? with a faded woman's bag, and wearing a disturbing smile with a vacant look in their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

He was probably a goodie.

(if you know the area - you know what i mean)

Keedowah wrote:
    He was probably a goodie.

(if you know the area - you know what i mean)

I DO know the area, and I don't know what you mean....

Darn you Connemara people and your mystic words!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Minor thread hijackery here.

A few years back there was this bloke who wasn't right in the head, fairly overweight and had an major problem with belting/buttoning up his trousers.
    He'd ususally walk up to you and start talking away asking various questions until he'd stop, look to his left and have a full blown conversation about whatever product he was looking at to an imaginary friend.

Half way through the conversation though (due to belt probs mentioned above) his trousers would fall down around his ankles exposing a yellow stained Y-fronts for all to see. But this did not phase him one bit. He would continue the conversation with you and his 'friend' as if there was nothing wrong.

Which ever one of us got stung with him was mocked for hours by both staff and customers alike.

Have I met a dementor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Well he spoke in English and didn't get off in Carraroe but in Barna. 'Twas merely the Carraroe bus.
    And he seemed pretty demented so you never know...

layke wrote:
    Have I met a dementor?

That, my friend, is for you to decide!

Also Frada.. Dementors get around... you need to learn to identify them... I can't say for certain if you did indeed come across one... but it is quite possible!

I suppose we'll never know. Unless I see him again and ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

What's this about me? :D Stop talking about me! :(

Ah there we go... It was only a matter of time....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

........with his pants down around his hips?

Pretty standard pants wearing id say!

Yep! And he had a leather jacket.

Wait.. Now you're just describing me!

Advertisement