Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Lim Engi

Options
  • 07-09-2006 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hello, accepted this course a few days ago and have not yet received info about the course at all, and frankly im an impatient person :) so anyone here do this course..Is it 9-5 every day or what? Btw this course is in Bolton St

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Best thing i ever did...
    Both my girlfriend and did prelim starting in 2000 and finished our degrees the june before last, i did manufacturing she did structural.

It is mainly subjects to give you a good base for moving into engineering. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Applied maths (under the name mechanics) and a few other subjects.
    It gives you the extra time to make your mind up if you aren't sure of type of engineering you want to do.

It is a reasionably time intensive course with 9 oclock starts most days and finished at 4 or 5 most days, but you get early finishes on one of the days (friday when i did it...) with early finishes some of the other days because labs/practicals dont run every week.

I found it a good course, and it gives you a good chance to get involved in things like the students union, clubs and socs!
    Hope you like Bolton st as much as i did... the place may feel old and a little shabby but its a great place to spend you're time in college.

feel free to ask more if i haven't covered something.
    keith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Best thing i ever did...
    Both my girlfriend and did prelim starting in 2000 and finished our degrees the june before last, i did manufacturing she did structural.

It is mainly subjects to give you a good base for moving into engineering. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Applied maths (under the name mechanics) and a few other subjects.
    It gives you the extra time to make your mind up if you aren't sure of type of engineering you want to do.

It is a reasionably time intensive course with 9 oclock starts most days and finished at 4 or 5 most days, but you get early finishes on one of the days (friday when i did it...) with early finishes some of the other days because labs/practicals dont run every week.

I found it a good course, and it gives you a good chance to get involved in things like the students union, clubs and socs!
    Hope you like Bolton st as much as i did... the place may feel old and a little shabby but its a great place to spend you're time in college.

feel free to ask more if i haven't covered something.
    keith

Yep your damn right, Agree with Everything Mr Potato Said. I did it last year was a great year. Any questions give me a shout.
    Steve

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'm seriously considering transfering to this...feckin not cut out for eng

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Didn't you only start engineering today :confused:

What are you having trouble with? Did you do physics, chem or honours maths in the leaving cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 funkymissus

Mr potato's head girlfriend here. I would agree that prelim was good..less then 50% of our class actually went in and pretty much only those past but its not too hard.. just make a small effort and its fine..
    we made a good few friends that we still have now 6years later, there is a group of about 10 that made it all the way through.
    I miss Bolton st.. hope u enjoy as much as us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement