Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Champions League

• 07-09-2006 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭

Just created a new Boards.ie "Champions League" league.
    Its the same format as the fantasy.premierleague.com one and its at the address http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com
    The entrance code is 12578-2857 so come one and come all!

Thanks playa3 for bringing it up too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Great stuff, TeamSoap on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I'll give this ago, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I'm in. should be a laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5678/teamam1.jpg

2 Man U, 2 Milan, 2 Bayern, 2 Lyon, 2 Anderlecht and 2 Celtic players. :D

I'll probably make a few changes, I just rushed that. I forgot how much bias affects me in these things. I'm finding it hard picking 2 players between, Nakamura, McGeady, Maloney and Hesselink. :) Maloney is injured atm so I have to take him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

......................................Van Der Sar(UTD)......................................

Defendi(Roma) Cannavaro(Real) Carvahlo(CHE) Serginho(AC)

Kaka (AC) Juninho (Lyon) Iniesta (Barca) Edu(Valencia)

Messi(Barca) Robinho (Real)

Subs:
    Ricardo (Sporting)
    Hrsitov (Levski)
    Nuno Assis (Benfecia)
    Benzema (Lyon)

too good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Oh yeah i should have probably thought about starting the league. Anyroad, i'm signed up now for it, hopefully i can get off to a better start than in the premiership one

Oh yeah my team,
    ..........................Casillas................................

Kolo Toure.... Cannavaro..... Terry......... Maldini

Kaka ..........Sissoko.........Gerrard..........Joe Cole

............... Messi....... Van Persie..................

Subs:Gk-Ricardo, Def-Van Damme, Mid-Inamoto, For- Beattie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

thanks for that! was looking for something else to waste my time at work! now im a football manager! your going to get me fired!!:(

I'm in as the smurfs, and i would rather not announce my team just yet, i'll wait for kickoff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

murfie wrote:
    .. and i would rather not announce my team just yet, i'll wait for kickoff!

Wise man!

Carlow Trillas will be joining soon

I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As am I. First name on the team sheet was a certain Barca midfield dynamo....

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    As am I. First name on the team sheet was a certain Barca midfield dynamo....
    Really? I've Iniesta too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

I'm in too, come on Eto'o !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

im in to.
    1) Van Der Sar
    2)Carragher
    3)Ayala
    4)Maldini
    5)Sorín
    6)Ronaldinho
    7)Deco
    8)Figo
    9)Nuno Gomes
    10)Crespo
    11)Van Nistel Roy

subs Marshall, Van Damme(no body gets by Claude!), Okan, Kyriakidis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I'm in, after an average start to the Premiership fantasy football, I'm sure to blow everyone away here!

Casillas (Real)

Finnan (Pool) -- Cannavaro (Real) -- Heinze (MUFC) -- Abidal (Lyon)

Simão (Benfica) -- Scholes (MUFC) -- Deco (Barca) -- Schweinsteiger (BM)

Eto'o (Barca)
    Van Persie (Arsenal)

Subs: Doni (Roma), Petit (Benfica), Balde (Celtic), Rebrov (Dynamo Kyiv)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'm in, Man Yoo FC

woodyg wrote:
    Van Damme

Southampton reject!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Southampton reject yes but legend actor :D
    Only picked him cause he's cheap as chips and gets his game.

woodyg wrote:
    subs Marshall
    It probably won't make much difference with VDS as the main keeper but Marshall doesn't get his game for Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've work in half an hour so this is a really rushed team, but what the hell! Joined!

24 points from 2 players tonight (Totti (c) and Schweinsteiger). Happy with that. :)

I don't have Eto'o in my team but he should have got 2 assists, no?

• Advertisement

Whoot, 30 points from Gameweek 1 and a respectable 10th position.

Still thinking of changing a couple of things, I'm uber defensive with Carrick, Pirlo and Makelele in my midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Great start from athleticoGracehopper, I'm usually brutal at fantasy football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is it too late to join the league yet?
    Kippy

kippy wrote:
    Is it too late to join the league yet?
    Kippy
    Don't think so, but you'll obviously be a bit behind.

No it's not (if this is the same as the Fantasy Premier League you'll be able to anyway) you'll just be a gameweek behind everyone.

Cool, just joined.
    I had a team set up I was just wondering if it was too late to join the boards.ie league.
    Cheers.

Kippy

Untypically good start from me. Clean sheets for Finnan, Deco and Schweinsteiger. Assists for Deco and Eto'o. And goals for Schweinsteiger and Eto'o. Eirebhoy is right though, it seemed to me that Eto'o should have been awarded two assists. Ah well.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all fall apart soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Cant believe Gerrard didn't start but i guess they were playing for the draw! 27 point for me, but Shevchenko let me down! It could all change tonight though, as they say the ultimate cliché, Its a game of two halves!:p

Some of the players scores from last night were revised, most notably Etoo;s who was awarded 3 assists, now stands on 15 points.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote:
    Some of the players scores from last night were revised, most notably Etoo;s who was awarded 3 assists, now stands on 15 points.
    He must have passed to Ronaldinho for the 5th goal? Totti got awarded with an assist 2 today but Schweinsteiger got his taken away. With Totti as my captain it's better for me though.

Good old Eto'o, those changes give me 30 points for him, seeing as he's my captain. And I'm - incrediby - provisionally leading.

Well that was absolutely woeful yesterday, messi, zambrotta, joe cole all not playing and gerrard only coming on for a while. If that shot had gone in it woulda got me 10 points!, almost doubling my score which says a lot. Maybe i'll have a bit more luck tonight

Ah, plummeting down the table. That's more like me in Fantasy Football :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

4th place after game week 1. happy enough with that! lots of room to improve tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

3rd after week 1, happy out with that really, had 2 serious weak links, but hopefully should be rectified for next week! go on eto'o though, sorted a load of people! EuroSpuddies for the league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

APM wrote:
    4th place after game week 1. happy enough with that! lots of room to improve tho!

You might want to check again :p

Juninhio was given his assist today :D

Woohoo, some sort of revision giving me 83 points and 1st place. VICTORY WILL BE MINE!

Or perhaps not.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I'm in... just 83 points behind the first place

Is there a wild card option in this like the Premier League one?

Is there a wild card option in this like the Premier League one?

Nope it appears not, here are the details http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/help.mc?category=transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I am in. At least I have an excuse for losing:D .

Another round approaches. Given my woeful position in Premier League fantasy football, I'll have to hype this one more.

Hopefully a good showing from midfielders this week. An injury to Rebrov and the fact that Van Persie probably won't start are forcing me to pack the midfield. Badly need to make a few transfers.

This is gonna get really interesting when teams start getting knocked out and half the players are earning 0 points!

This is gonna get really interesting when teams start getting knocked out and half the players are earning 0 points!

You have unlimited transfers after the group stage so you can get rid of any knocked out players.

Would have been better if you only had a couple free and then pay the pts for the others.

Not a bad night! I made Van Nistelrooy my captain after seeing Kiev's humbling at home last week, I fancied Madrid to win big. Paid off!
    42 points tonight, and 6 out of my 11 didn't play :) Up to 16th.

Can't help gloating, it's not often I get to do so playing this damn game!

I got 50 points from the 6 players last night but that is ruined when Réveillère, Beckham and Maloney only come on as subs and get me 3 points between them. :) I know Maloney wasn't going to start but Serginho must have been injured as he didn't start. I would replaced him with Cafu if I'd have known. :mad:

54 pts last nite from 6 players and up to 2nd !!!!!

Reyes as capt done well as did Juninho.

No big scorers tonite now please...:)

Well I'm 12th at the end of matchday 2, not so bad seeing as how I'm not totally happy with my team yet. I replaced Crespo with Morientes. Really wanted to replace him with Saha, as I fancy him to get on the scoresheet against Copenhagen, but alas I was .2 short for him :(

I'm doing well in this but injuries and players being dropped are ruining it. :)

In the first week Nesta and Serginho were both injured when Milan kept a clean sheet. Réveillère keeps a clean sheet, Nakamura and Schweinsteiger score, Juninho gets an assist and captain Totti gets a goal and assist.

Week 2 - VDS, Nesta and Neville keep a clean sheet. Nakamura gets an assist, Juninho gets 2 assists, Totti gets a goal, RVN gets 2 goals. Beckham, Réveillère and Maloney only make sub appearances to give a total of 3 points between them. :)

This week Réveillère and Beckham come off the bench again to get 1 point each while my captain Neville doesn't even play. Out of the other 8 players the minimum a player got was 5 (Maloney who got an assist).

The average from my players that actually start is at least 6 points. I want this boards title! ;)

Moved up a place last night, got 29 points with 5 players playing. 6 playing tonight, come on Europe United!

Edit: 56 points in Matchweek 3. Moved into the top 10 :)
    Unfortunately I just bought Schweinsteiger, who's going to miss the next game through suspension. My subs ain't great either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Woohoo!!! Top of the league :)

David Villa as captain I love it! Can't belive Ayala didn't play :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement