Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limewire

• 07-09-2006 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I downloaded the free version of Limewire last night and now my laptop has been taken over. Constant pop ups and my home page keeps getting reset. Nightmare. I've uninstalled it but the pop ups keep coming and the home page continues to get reset. Any advice on how to clean my laptop of this rubbish? and on a better file sharing service to use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Thats the risk ya take with file sharing, get adaware free from download.com. Might sort ya out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Scan for viruses in sade mode and download some anti-spyware programs like Windows Defender, Ad-Aware and Spybot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

file sharin is a riskly business, I just use one Pc specialy for it, I have it setup in a DMZ and IPSEC IP policyies to block crap going on the other pc's on my network .

clean install and dont use it again ! if your fix :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 del_cav

Thanks for the advice. I ran webroot spy. It deleted lots of adware and the Trojan horse. Pop ups have stopped and the machine is much cleaner. Only problem I have now is the trojan horse keeps resetting my home page to msn.co.uk. I'll work on solving that over the weekend.

You can use Ad-Aware to sort that out. Open Ad-Aware, go to Settings->Defaults and change it to the start page of your choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Ruu wrote:
    You can use Ad-Aware to sort that out. Open Ad-Aware, go to Settings->Defaults and change it to the start page of your choice.
    That wont get rid of the trojan though,it will just change the the start page.If the start page is being changed then there is most likely still some malware on the computer.

Download Ewido,run the scans in safe mode.You can get a 30 day trial of the full version,which is a great program imo.

Nope it won't :) (unless the page stays the same then there most likely isn't an issue) also with Ewido, after the trial the program still works but you will be without certain features. You have to update it manually and the resident shield will be disabled. A combination of Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Ewido and Windows Defender, keeping them updated along with a decent free anti-virus program.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

best advice one could offer: http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Advertisement