Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Bulgaria

Options
  • 07-09-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

So whos done it?
    Who's thinking about it?

Any advice? Anything to look out for? Pitfalls? Dodgyness/corruption?

Comments

Haven't done it. Thought about it, but now reckon you could be buying beside every taxi driver in Ballyfermot ala Alicante five years ago.

There's just something so near and secure about France...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

True, but I guess you mean buying in Sunny Beach.
    There's much more oppurtunities in Bulgaria ;)

Is it not difficult to buy in France? Something to do with Lease Hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

i would advise you to go to galvin financial. they are the experts on that thing. its www.galvin.ie. they are based in lucan. there is a also a property exhibition today in citiwest where you can look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

There's someone on www.askaboutproperty.com who is posting a lot about Bulgaria. He should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'd avoid it, looks to me like it's another foreigner selling to foreigner market at artificial prices. Prices have more doubled over the last year or so from what I can see so that's why i'd be a bit suspicioius. Friend was in Bansko where a lot of stuff is coming up for sale and she said the infrastructure is terrible and won't be able to cope with projected tourist inflows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

make sure you've a local reseller market and a strong rental demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

We've done it and are going to do it again!! Not to keen on Sunny beach but it depends on what your looking for.. We've friends over there, an Irish guy who sells property, if your thinking about it they will look after everything for you, legal and translation etc, they will also dive you around to view properties which believe me is a huge help!! If anyone wants a brochure PM me your address or just check out their website below..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Avoid, avoid, avoid Bulgaria. Report in The sunday Times showed prices in Bansko only rose 2 per cent last year despite the rubbish agents are coming up with of 20-30 per cent. Sunny Beach has too much construction and an oversupply already of apartments.

Ive posted many times in the investment section avoid bulgaria. bankso will be a disaster mark my words. 4000 properties to be released, 0 rental potential. Sunny beach as said, vastly oversupplied. the place is cold in april. i could go on forever, go with slovakia instead

Advertisement