Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of bad pet shop advice

Options
  • 07-09-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,being a reptile owner myself im disgusted at the advice some pet shop in ireland are giving out when selling these animals,they need special care. Pet shops in Ireland are still selling Lizards on the same day they sell the Vivaruim,the tank needs setting up at least a week before just to get the heat and humidty right depending on repitle. However have found this site for Irish, peolple,least it gives people chance to get right advice. http://www.forumsvibe.com/reptiles/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I agree with the sentiment in the OP but there is also an onus on the buyer to do a bit of research before they purchase any animal. That said, I do think that pet shops should have some sort of regulation imposed on them, as far as I know none exists at this point in time but I'm open to correction there, and the majority of them do sell creatures in the way described in the OP and not always with the correct husbandry advice. There are however a few places who do give the right advice, but they are far and few between.
    Reptile haven in fishamble St Dublin and Boardwalk pets along the south bank of the Liffey in Dub city centre.
    Like the site, btw.

Advertisement