Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temps!!! Please say its ok Please!!

Options
  • 07-09-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was just running me buggy and decided to check the temps I was running at 290 - 320 max :confused: damn!
    This was for about 60% of the tank

I left it cool at BDC you think itll be ok! I need to retune the bugger!
    There was still smoke and it was running fine!

I also should be using a different plug willl that help.
    Fuel: O Donnell 16% and Plug: OS #8 engine Force .28
    I didnt think the heat would go that high given my last settings they were 265which is still a little HOT.

Will a cooler plug help this alot?
    Or Which needle should I richen?

Incidently after I leave the buggy for a week or 2 I have botther starting the begger any tips?
    Any help would be grand the engine has about 20 tanks through it already has be tuned for about 8 of those tanks.

Cheers
    Nick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

Plug should be fine.. Just try richening up the high end needle a tad an see how it goes then.. You should always see a nice trail of smoke coming out if not its too lean.. And for the cold starts richen the high end up some more to allow more fuel in an this should help it start easier.. Then when its warmed up lean it 1/8turn at a time untill the throttle is a bit more crisp an not spluttery an keep an eye on the temp ;)
    Good luck

Advertisement