Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merit scholarship bursary thingies

Options
  • 07-09-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

In all the official CTYI info it says about the bursaries 'please note that bursaries will not be awarded to the same student more than twice' or something to that effect.

I would have assumed that you could only get one once. Do they discriminate in favour of people who haven't gotten one before? That would seem fair.

I wonder has anyone on boards gotten a bursary twice? I got one in my first year and I'm thinking about doing the Talent Search again, in my third year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Maybe you can get a scholarship for high achievement in either verbal/maths, hence twice, but you can't get a scholarship for high achievement in an area you're already been recognised in.

That is, my guessing and limited experience in how the scholarship thing works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

I've got it twice, go for it.

Both times were in Maths, by the way. I only just about got in on Verbal the second time I got a scholarship (I didn't even pass the Verbal section the first time), so it couldn't have been for that, but I got a percentile of 97% or something like that in Maths the second time, so the scholarship must've been for that.

So yeah, they do give scholarships to the same person twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Thanks a million guX.

The only thing that might make me trepidatious (???) about doing it again is the possibility of them realising that they made a huge mistake correcting my paper last time and actually I only got in on the Verbal, not the Maths. Cause loads of people don't get in on maths and I don't know how the hell I did. But presumably they let you stay, even if you now officially shouldn't be there anymore? :D They'd better!

That's me this spring so, on the offchance of them giving me more money.

Thanks for the posts!

Advertisement